I can't believe it's only three days till Christmas ! Hurray ! I want to do some Christmassy things this week, but not sure what.We don't have any parties or Christmas programs to go to.It's almost too cold to go out much. I think I'd like to drive around and look at lights tonight if the roads are clear enough. The side roads are still pretty messy and there is a chance of more snow tonight and tomorrow.
I finished the rest of my shopping yesterday and everything is wrapped. The kids and I went to Border's, JC Penney, Honey Baked Ham, Bath and Body Works, and Sams yesterday. We just about froze to death ~ it was way too cold. The wind was just painful ! We all wanted to come home and take a nap by the fireplace ( if only we had a fireplace)I have almost everything for our Christmas dinner. I'll have to run out later for a couple little things I forgot. This is what we are having ~ Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls, veggies, pumpkin pie, caramel apple pie, and chocolate brownie trufflets. Just the usual basic stuff. That's plenty of food for the four of us!
Then the kids and I will be driving to St. Louis the day after Christmas to spend 2 weeks with our family there. We will be going to Big Cedar Lodge in Branson for a couple days while we are there. We love that place and are very excited to go. Hopefully the weather cooperates to drive to St. Louis and Branson. :-)Here is a link to Big Cedar It is such a beautiful place. My parents have a time share there and we've gone for quite a few years now. We either stay in a cozy cabin or the lodge. My grandma lives close by there, so she always comes to stay with us and go to a show in Branson or shopping in the outlet malls or to Branson Landing.
When we get back in January my husband Brian will be deploying for 6 months. It's nothing new for us. He has been deployed often and was gone for a year before we moved to Nebraska. So that's what the next few weeks holds for us ! Hope you all have a good Christmas week !
I have also been tagged by Teresa at Diddle Daddle Designs
Here are the rules ~
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Anyone that would like to can go ahead and grab this tag.
Let's see if I can come up with 6 more things about myself.
1. I've met the people from TLC's Trading Spaces ~ Paige, Ty, Doug
2. I can't wait to have my own house in 4 1/2 more years when we retire from the Air Force
3.I used to scrapbook and have tons of scrapbooking stuff, but haven't done it in about 4 or 5 years.
4. When I decide I want to do something, I'm very impatient and want to do it right away !
5. I like the Jonas Brothers ;-)
6. My sister and I plan on having our own prim store in Illinois someday.
There ya go ! I had to sit here a while to come up with those. :-) Thanks for the tag Teresa !