Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Gabriel!


Happy 15th birthday to my son Gabriel!

He sure seems older to me than 15 at times. What a wonderful son he is and a lot like me in many ways ~ a no nonsense, keep to himself kind of guy, but with such a funny, witty, entertaining side to him. I love his impressions that he does of people, they crack me up so bad! I wish so much he'd let me get them on video because he is so good! My favorites are George Bush and Jesse Ventura, oh yeah and the British rocker character that he does is pretty hilarious, too! But no, he doesn't like his picture taken and rarely let's me record him, oh well.
Gabriel always likes to debate me on politics and I have to say that he is better than me and usually knows more than I do. I know that's pretty bad, but I'm not good to keep up with politics as well as he does. I guess I should work on that.
When he was little we could always find him swinging a stick, a sword, or a light saber, and he still loves all those weapons today. He even took Fencing for awhile when he was younger. You ought to see his sword collection! He has the best speaking voice, too. We always tell him that he'd be a great DJ.
These days, I can usually find him on the computer either gaming,watching movies, on Youtube, or writing his news blog. Anyway, I'm lucky to have such a great son~ don't know what I'd do without him! I'm sure if he reads this he'll be grumpy at me for doing a post about him, but oh well, he'll live! Happy Birthday Gabriel!

My sweet boy~

With Paige when he was 5 ~

5 years old at the Missouri Botanical gardens in St. Louis ~

With Ty from Trading Spaces ~
Holding his cousin Sami~
A light saber fight with his cousin Patriot~
At the World Series parade in St. Louis when the Cardinals won ~
Just one of his great Halloween costumes~
July 4th 2008~
Christmas 2008~
Gabriel with his shotgun he got for Christmas last year~
A very big, dramatic smile for the camera. I told him he looks like a salesman or a politician in this pic! :-)

9 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Happy Birthday to Gabriel! Enjoy your special day!

I'm so jealous you go to meet Ty!!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Happy Birthday Gabriel! Enjoy every minute of him, because the next thing you know he will be turning 40! Every mother should have a son, it is a very special bond. Have a great day, Dawn

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

A very Happy Birthday to Gabriel. I hope it is the best one yet with many more to come. Dawn is so right. Before you know it, he will be a grwon man!!

adsgram said...

Have a nice day, Gabriel!

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Janae,

Enjoy him while you can it won't be much longer and he'll leave the nest. My MIL reminds me of this every time my kids are testing me! Happy Birthday to him!

Carey

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Happy Birthday to your son! I hope you have a great day!

How neat that you guys got to meet Ty!
He is one of my favortie celebs!

Enjoy your day!

Lisa~A Cottage To Me said...

Happy 15th to Gabriel! You must be very proud of him!

Kris ~ Simply Prim said...

Happy Birthday to Gabriel!! Hope your day's special!!

~Kris~

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Happy birthday to your son!!!! Haha I like the first picture!!!

Love, Joy =D

Related Posts with Thumbnails