Monday, May 11, 2009

Mom's Garden and Americana

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I had a nice relaxing day. We went to Border's for a coffee and browsed around there. Paige and I stopped in Bath and Body Works, Aeropostale, JCPenney,and Target while we were out.Not much going on around here lately. Just takin it easy!I'm ready for summer! I don't have anything new to show you all, but I have moved a few things around. Memorial Day is only a couple weeks away,so I have pulled out some of my flags to tuck around here and there. I love summer decor with flags,Geraniums and Americana touches. I hope I don't bore you with pictures of my house that you feel like you've already seen ! I'm only posting pictures of areas where I've made small changes.
I also wanted to share my mom's garden's with you. She loves to garden and always makes her yard so beautiful with lot's of fun areas for the kids. The newest garden is her Little Bear Garden where she has added some characters from the Little Bear cartoon.I think that is my favorite little kids show:-)If you'd like to see the slideshow of her garden click here
Here are a few pictures from her yard~





I changed my table arrangement and decided to use this red coverlet to add some color. This is my favorite coverlet:-)
Tucked a little flag in the basket hanging on my peg board~


I moved my caddy of Geraniums to my entry way bench and stuck a bunch of flags in the crock with the Garden Thyme sign sitting on it.



A new coverlet runner I got for my coffee table~

Added my flag pedestal and moved my pineapple runner to the table~
Moved the strwberries under the strawberry sign in my kitchen~

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I just don't have a whole lot going on worth sharing. My sister and nephew are coming to visit on Friday for the weekend. We plan to do a little bit of prim shopping while she is here, so maybe I'll have something to share by the weekend. Hope you all have a great week!

21 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Great pictures! Keep them coming, they are anything but boring. Glad you had a good Mother's Day, Dawn

Shakerwood said...

Your mom's garden looks great. Makes me want to leave work and go home to piddle in the garden! And I really like what you did with the geraniums in the toolbox. It may be the same old, same old to you but I like seeing what rearranging you do.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Your pictures boring? Never!!! Love seeing what you do it's always so prim ... great ideas too:)
Rondell

~All Roads Lead Home~ said...

Janae~ Your Mom's garden is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us! And I love all of the Americana Summer touches around your home. You always take the most beautiful pictures! I love the lighting! Glad you had a great Mother's Day! Take care. ~Sarah~

Never So Simple said...

What beautiful pictures. I love all your tweaking especially the red geraniums and flags. I know what you mean about posting not a lot going on here either.

Donna

Debbie said...

Glad you had a happy mother's day. We never get tired of your pictures. Can't wait to see more.

Take Care,
Debbie

Unknown said...

I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing. Your coverlets are so warm and cozy. I need to keep my eye out for some to add to my decor. They are great!

Lisa said...

Wow - your Mom's garden is beautiful. All of your pictures and gatherings always look so great!! Thanks for sharing. You definitely know how to decorate : )

Mandy said...

Your mom's garden is beautiful!

Please, please, please don't apologize for your wonderful pictures or for not posting something every day. I prefer quality over quantity with blog posts - and your posts are definitely quality posts!

Sometimes we pressure ourselves to "find something" to blog about. It's so much better to just let life happen and post about those moments. This is something I've really been thinking about lately.

You inspire me with your gatherings and ideas and I love seeing pictures of your beautiful home.

I just realized how long this comment is - I didn't mean to write you a letter here!

Blessings,
Mandy

marie said...

Loved all your new little touches -it's nice to change things up a bit every now and then!

Your mom's garden is beautiful!

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

Love the pictures! I never get tired of seeing what you show! Have a great week♥

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Janae,

I enjoyed the pics of your mom's garden. I wish I could do a better job of gardening myself. That's a goal I have when we retire next year. I love all the little changes you've been making too. Don't worry I love the pictures so much, I go back again and again. Hope you and your sister have a nice visit.

Carey

Rhonda said...

I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing with us. I get so much inspiration from them. Did you do the strawberries and sign?? They look nice.

Never apoligize for not posting. I did that for awhile and then I overwhelmed myself and quit posting all together. Now I post when I can. For me it started as a way to keep extended family up on my life. Then I met all knids of nice friends.

Rhonda

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

I could never get bored with your pictures! Your home is beautiful and I get lots of ideas from your pictures. Keep um coming :0)

I am off to check out your mom's slide show!
Kim

Kris ~ Simply Prim said...

Your mom's garden looks so peaceful. It looks like a great place to sit and pass the time with a glass of lemonade.

I love your geraniums and all the patriotic touches you've done.

Have a great day,

~Kris~

basketsnprims said...

Janae ~
Your pics are anything but boring. You do the most wonderful prim gatherings around your home. Your mom's gardens are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
Pam

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I agree with the other gals - keep the pictures coming! Love all the summer touches Janae!

Your mom's garden is so pretty. Thank you for sharing!

hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Janae,
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
I love your mom's garden, especially the one with the bears in it. You know I'm a bear nut!
And, I love the changes you did in your house. It looks lovely, but then again, it always does. :)
Have a great week!
Hugs

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Janae,

I haven't posted much either...alot going on in our lives...busy running right now! But I had to stop over and see what you were up to! You know I love all the pictures of your home and never tire of them, but I do have to say that I think your Americana/Summer theme is my favorite....I guess I just love that Americana to the core! There's nothing like it to say true Colonial...it just makes me feel good to look at it! I love all your touches! That red coverlet is gorgeous...my favorite too!

Have a wonderful week! :)

Hugs,
Tammy

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Janae! I love your blog! Everytime I visit I think wow I love how she decorates. It is fun to look at your little vignettes. I love the strawberry sign and strawberries under it. How cute is that!!!! Hope your mother's day was great. I was totally blessed here! I'm proud of you with all your doing on your blog! I'm very impressed!
Blessings,
Debbie

My Colonial Home said...

Oh how beautiful the garden is...wish mine were as pretty!!

Glad your Mother's Day was fun - sounds like a girl's day out!

Your talent for decorating is awesome. You know just where to put things to make them attractive. Love it all.

Karen

Related Posts with Thumbnails