Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Arnett's and Mt. Vernon, IL














My sister Kim, my friend Jamie, and I went on a prim shopping trip to Mt. Vernon, Illinois and Arnett's Country Store in West Frankfort. In Mt. Vernon we stopped at The Old Homestead and Brenda's This-n-That. The Old Homestead was having their Fall open house and it was packed full of prim goodies. Brenda's this-n-that was in a new location and it had great stuff also! It was quite overwhelming with so many wonderful primitive items everywhere! Arnett's was so neat as always ~ it is such a treat to go there. Driving up to that gorgeous saltbox is so exciting and the store is just perfect ! Stacee is such a sweet lady ! They are currently moving into her families old cabin hidden back in the trees behind the store. I don't know any other store like it ! The three stores we stopped at are definitely my favorites! What a fun day we had and boy did we get some great stuff ! We spread it all out under a tree in Jamie's yard when we got back so you all can see our goodies ! The pictures are of everything we got between the three of us.

7 comments:

This Country Girl said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I would love to go to the Old Homestead....well any of those places! I bet you had a blast! Was all that stuff by the tree what you bought?

Tammy

Pam at Antique or Not said...

I'm so jealous...looks like you got some great stuff!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

What great pictures. Sounds like som eawesome places I wuold love to go to.

Mary

tidymom said...

Oh Girl you KNOW how jealous I am! LOL - I was just coming here to ask you something about Arnett's, and BAM! you've already gone! LOL - Mom and I are going to go for her fall open house - Sunday will be easier for us than Saturday, but I'm wondering if we'd be sorry we didn't go on Saturday? any idea if we'll miss anything by going on Sunday - we can do Saturday, just Sunday would be easier.

Love all your goodies - before I read that was from all 3 of you I thought "dang, that girl bought the place out! LOL"

take a look at my blog, we went up to St. Charles last weekend

~Tidymom

Black Sheep Lisa said...

WoW, I see lots of goodies! Looks like yall had a blast!!

Laura :) said...

You racked up!!! I am so jealous!!

Laura (just found your blog)

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

I've actually been to Mt Vernon and you have made me terribly homesick. It looks like such a nice way to spend a day.

Smiles,
Lea

Related Posts with Thumbnails