Friday, August 1, 2008

Yard Sale in the Country











I looked up yard sales for our area this morning and found one not far from our house that said ~ items for sale that have been sitting in a 100 yr. old barn. We headed over there around 9:30. We drove down a long dirt road and came to a couple of neat old barns and farmhouses. I guess the sale had been going on since yesterday. I wonder what neat stuff they sold the first day. I found this old milk box that was full of cobwebs and needed some cleaning up. It was $10 and I thought it was neat. That was all I bought there. Then we stopped at Goodwill on the way home. I found a candle box/ holder for .99 It was a medium wood stain. I figured I could paint it and it would look pretty neat. I came home and went out back to paint. The old milk box was a very worn robins egg blue ( it was kind of pretty, but wouldn't work in my house ). I painted everything black today. I even finished the rest of my dining room chairs. :-) Enough with the black! I need to come up with a new color to use next time Boy was I sweaty and tired when I got done and felt like I had spray paint all over me :-) ! Turned out great, though. I just picture that old milk box at fall and Christmas filled with floral picks or evergreens and maybe something cute and homespun tucked in there. For now my milk can will just sit on it. The candle in the candle holder was a green one a used at Christmas and it looked to shiny against the black. I brushed on some of my antiquing medium and rubbed a mixture of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon all over it. A quick and easy way to prim a candle up. You could even used some spray adhesive, clear coat spray paint or anything that spices will stick to. That's all for today. I'm going to water my flowers out front and watch a movie with Paige. I think I'll have a tiny bowl of chocolate ice cream to. :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails